Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Here's a great site for podcasting and geography

Teachers,

While searching for some interesting podcasting tools, I found this wonderful website called "Learning in Hand." Tony Vincent, who created and runs the site has great directions on using podcasting in the classroom, but I love his "Our City" podcast site. Your students research the city where the school resides and shares the facts in a conversational format using either GarageBand or the free Audacity program. The great thing about Tony's site is that you can upload and share your podcast from his site easily. People all around the United States can click on the link for your town and listen to the podcast about your school and the area. Click on this link, Our City Podcast and listen to some of the podcasts on the site from all over the country.

If you'd like to add yours and need assistance, please contact me - this is a fun project.

Adele - aellis@diometuchen.org

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to use it in my kindergarten class!

    ReplyDelete